Saturday 22 January 2022

Butterfly












*

Dress: Anthea Crawford chiffon
Heels: Kitten D'Amour vegan leather
Bag: Sportsgirl woven straw
Bangle Stack: Gift, vintage silver
Cuff: Gift, antique silver

*

All dressed up & nowhere to go... I think that's how the saying goes, isn't it?! With some events cancelled or postponed due to the recent surge in Covid cases in the Sunshine State, there isn't much chance to dress up at the moment but, darn it, I'm going to make the best of a bad situation by donning one of my all-time favourite, floaty chiffon empire-line midi dresses from Anthea Crawford to swan around the pergola/deck area in my own backyard. This stunning butterfly wing print really lifts the spirits & looks so beautiful "in flight" in the lilting summer breeze, particularly when I've styled it up with a pair of soft mauve vegan leather deco heels with a light sparkly sheen from Kitten D'Amour, a natural woven straw bucket bag from Sportsgirl, vintage silver bangles (gifted by dear friends) stack on one arm & a very special antique silver cuff on the other, given to me by a dear friend whose mother it once belonged to & whose family passed it down through generations. The trust that has been placed in me to be its guardian is actually quite humbling & emotional for me.

Scroll down to see more...






No comments:

Post a Comment