Wednesday 8 November 2017

Russian Ballet











*

Dress: Anthea Crawford shot silk
Jacket: Tree of Life velvet with embroidery & tassels
Booties: Wittner patent leather
Belt: That Shop patent leather & elastic
Clutch: Portmans suede
Rings: Oxfam silver

*

The dip in temperature has me thinking of cooler climates & I just couldn't wait to share with you the gorgeous ensemble I styled up to attend a recent performance of the Russian Ballet with a dear friend of mine. Avid readers of this blog will already know that I'm not one to be scared of block colours on opposite ends of the colour wheel & the two main pieces of this outfit were no exception: this absolutely divine purple shot silk fit-to-flare dress from Anthea Crawford (possibly my all-time favourite silhouette they have EVER made) & sumptuous mustard velvet swing jacket with embroidery details & woven tassels from my local Tree of Life store that I am so SO glad I finally decided to purchase after almost missing out! The colours shouldn't work together but as with many things in this life, opposites attract & they complement each other nicely. 

It's here that I'll let you in on a little stylist's trick on how to make the look "cohesive" when colour blocking: keep the rest of the look simple & in the same colour palette, which I have done by adding dark accessories in the form of a pair of shiny black patent heeled booties from Wittner, patent & elastic cinch belt from That Shop at Coolangatta (best belts ever, I kid you not...) & a suede roll-top clutch from Portmans to carry all the essentials. Jewellery was then kept simple & ethnic to match the vibe of the look - a pair of matching oversized silver rings from Oxfam... which means that not only do I look good, I feel good as I'm helping them with their mission to end poverty.

Being Queensland, it didn't stay cold all day long (that would be too much to ask, it seems) so I did remove the jacket for some small amount of time. See how the whole thing looks (sans jacket) below...










*

No comments:

Post a Comment