Thursday 2 November 2017

With The Band






*

Dress: Review lace with satin lining
Heels: Novo satin & sequins
Bag: Portmans suede with gold hardware
Headband: Gift, woven, gold & navy beads
Bracelets: Alex & Ani gold & onyx

*

Avid readers of this blog will already know how much I absolutely ADORE the genius of Glenn Miller, the American big-band musician & creator of tunes such as Moonlight Serenade, Chattanooga Choo Choo & I Got A Gal in Kalamazoo whose life was cut drastically short when serving as a fighter pilot in World War Two, he was "shot down" over the English Channel. His talented Glenn Miller Band (now Glenn Miller Orchestra) lives on, keeping his memory alive with their moving recreation of tunes from the heyday of swing-time. I have been fortunate enough to experience their live performances three times & can honestly say that each time is just as special as the first... & as wonderful as hearing the needle settle into the grooves on those scratchy old records & the first notes begin to fill the lounge room...

For such a noteworthy occasion, I decided to wear one of my all-time favourite dresses - this gorgeous little navy & gold lace baroque-style number from Aussie brand Review to truly capture the era, mixing it with a pair of light gold satin court shoes with sparkly pointed toes from Novo (sadly cropped out of these photographs) & blush suede cross-body bag with gold hardware from Portmans. Accessories were kept relatively simple to allow the dress to truly shine - merely a thin navy & gold beaded headband, gifted to me by a dear friend a few years ago & a stack of gold & onyx charm bracelets from Alex & Ani for that "bohemian" touch synonymous with my outfit styling.





I stand at your gate & the song that I sing is of moonlight
I stand & I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night
The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade
Moonlight Serenade 1935-1939


*

No comments:

Post a Comment