Friday 5 February 2016

Oriental Floral










*

Dress: Gift, satin & tulle
Sandals: Novo laser-cut leather lace-up
Bag: Vera May patent
Hinged Bangle: Samantha Wills resin, gold & crystal

*

As my Instagram feed would attest, my wardrobe has been having a "silk/satin floral" moment recently & I'm absolutely loving it! Botanical prints are my absolute favourites due to their divergent range & colours, as well as their inherent whimsy. They certainly lend themselves to my new "go-to" cut, the 1950s style fit-to-flare, particularly this little oriental floral number (a delightful Christmas gift from a dear friend) with its sweetheart neckline, "soft boning" & black tulle underskirt for body & movement. 



Edging up this rather feminine look was simple - I merely added a pair of funky leather lace-up sandals with laser-cut side details from Novo & a statement chartreuse patent handbag by Vera May, purchased last year from the Bare Traps store at Mt Ommaney... Still wishing that I had bought the red option as well, but I digress...



With so much going on, I kept the jewellery minimal - a chunky black resin hinged bangle with gold hardware & black crystal embellishment from bohemian Australian designer, Samantha Wills.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment