Tuesday 2 February 2016

Rockabilly






*

Dress: Sunshine cotton (iFashion, Redbank Plaza)
Sandals: Novo leather & elastic
Bag: Peter Alexander calico
Bangle with Charms: Pandora silver & onyx
Ring: Pandora silver & onyx

*

Avid readers of this blog will already know that I love to wear dresses... & only dresses. I suppose you could say that it's become kind of like my trademark. This would lead many to believe, however, that my wardrobe may be boring or mundane, devoid of the plethora of interesting pieces - skirts, jeans, blouses, t-shirts - required to really "style up" an eclectic ensemble. Not so. In my opinion, dresses ARE easier to wear - merely one item to either zip up or pull on - but there are many, many different TYPES of dresses & many, many different WAYS to wear them.

Last week, I took a chance on a style that I hadn't worn before - 1950s style "rockabilly" with its tight bodice, sweetheart neckline, elasticated back & flared circle skirt from iFashion at Redbank Plaza - persuaded due to the bargain price tag, breathable cotton fabric & funky floral & polka dot print... & I loved it! When mixed with a pair of comfortable leather & elastic gladiator sandals from Novo, whimsical "illustrated" red calico tote bag from Peter Alexander & matching silver & onyx "charm" bangle & ring from Pandora, it was perfect for a stormy afternoon of fun & games with my favourite boisterous brothers!



Well, now that the fashion's taken care of, scroll down to see how the afternoon unfolded:


Sleepy little Ollie



Zooper Doopers for the WIN!



Opening belated birthday presents...




Jackie Paper & his Puff the Magic Dragon



Ensuing hijinks...









*

No comments:

Post a Comment