Wednesday 10 August 2022

Cinderella

 




*

Dress: Sheike viscose
Jacket: Gift, vintage silk
Ankle Boots: Wittner matte leather
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Bag: Review textured vinyl, faux pearls
Bangle: Dinosaur Designs resin
Ring: Dinosaur Designs resin

*

Avid readers of this blog will already know that Charles Perrault's "Cinderella" is one of my all-time favourite fairytales & wouldn't be surprised that despite the fact that I am VERY hard to please when it comes to overly modern renditions of this timeless classic, I was seriously excited to attend a ballet performance of the tale of the kind-hearted girl turned house-slave at the beck & call of an evil stepmother & stepsisters, a fairy godmother, pumpkin coach & a certain glass slipper, the clock striking twelve & the handsome Prince Charming, who won't give up until he finds his happily ever after with his true love... I wasn't disappointed either. The performance was - admittedly - modern but to my delight, stayed true to the underlying tenets of the story & the feeling it seeks to evoke & left the audience with a sense of hope & optimism for their own future. As Cinderella's famous saying goes, "Have courage & be kind," which is something that we can all take to heart in these trying times.

For the occasion, I donned an utterly divine floral viscose puff-sleeve midi dress with deep v-neckline & elasticated cinch waist from Sheike, a vintage orange silk jacket that some dear friends gave me a few years ago now, a pair of black matte leather heeled ankle boots from Wittner for a modicum of height with the long dress, black 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamaazz to keep my legs feeling toasty-warm & a black textured vinyl handbag with gold hardware & faux white pearl handles from vintage-inspired Aussie label Review to carry all the essentials including a mask, hand sanitizer & tissues (I know, I know... it's an old story but one that I do find touching & rather emotional, if I'm honest). When it came to jewellery, I chose a matching green resin chunky bangle & ring with gold touches from celebrated duo Dinosaur Designs to complete the look & add a touch of modernity.

Scroll down to see more, including the look without the orange silk jacket...










No comments:

Post a Comment