Monday 28 November 2016

The Life Authentic









It has taken me quite some time to post the pictures from the "Authentic Personal Branding" event that I was lucky enough to attend at Cloudland in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley with my best friend one fateful Saturday morning. I suppose it's because I was struggling to find the words to describe the utter magic that happens when a room full of seemingly "successful" women truly let their guards down & admit that they still harbor serious fears & insecurities, regardless of their social status, power, intelligence, personal wealth etc. Quite honestly, we started out as perfect strangers & within three hours, it was as though we were friends & confidants. And yes, tears were involved. Seriously powerful stuff, all facilitated by the amazingly honest & intuitive Colette Werden. Yes, she's s stylist; yes, she's an image consultant; yes, she's a life coach but simple platitudes can't really do her justice. I would recommend that if you're lucky enough to have the chance to see her in person, for goodness sake take it... or for the next best thing, check out her website or Instagram feed for a daily dose of inspiration.



*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jersey & brocade
Jacket: Portmans leather
Heels: Wittner suede & elastic
Bag: Nine West vinyl with chrome hardware
Ring: Disney Couture silver & suede

*

For such a special occasion, I decided to an outfit that I would consider to be quintessentially me (pretty with edge; elegant with a twist) starting with this amazing dress from Anthea Crawford with its black jersey v-neck bodice & paneled rose-printed jacquard skirt with tulle underlay; mixed with a cropped black leather jacket from Portmans (my best friend in the cooler months); black suede & elastic "ballerina inspired" heels from Wittner; red vinyl handbag with chrome hardware from Nine West (a birthday present from my parents) & to finish it off, a funky Mad Hatter ring from Disney Couture's "Alice in Wonderland" collection. Minimal pieces; maximum impact.

Keep scrolling to see a few more pictures from the celebrated venue...
I'm not ashamed to say that I was absolutely IN LOVE with its quirky & eclectic decor!









*

No comments:

Post a Comment