Friday 22 December 2017

Christmas in Brisbane

It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE the Festive Season... & never more so than when I'm doing my Christmas shopping. They say that there is more pleasure in giving than receiving & in my life, I have certainly found that to be the case. I spend a lot of time & energy in pursuit of the perfect gift for each & every one of my friends & family, starting early in the year with a spreadsheet on my computer to keep track of everything that I've "stashed" away for later. Yep, I know, I'm a bit of an organisational nerd but it really is my number one tip for saving the precious pennies during holiday season - use each & every free gift, gift with purchase, buy one get one free or voucher (no matter how small) because even if it's something that you don't need or want or will never use, there's a very good chance that someone on your gift list does!

But I digress. I really shouldn't give away ALL my "present ninja" secrets!

Below are all the photographs from two recent outings in the River City, where it seems that I enjoyed the atmosphere & food as much as the retail therapy... Scroll down to take a look... & perhaps even get some inspiration for somewhere to shop for those final "must have" presents for Christmas morning!








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill
Heels: Wittner matte leather with elastic
Bag: Vendula London vinyl with brass hardware
Thin Bangle: Tree of Life brass
Thick Bangle: The Way We Wear vintage brass (from America)
Hat: Redcliffe Markets straw with grosgrain ribbon

*

For a day out in Brisvegas getting those last minute items after walking across the bridge in the sunshine & sea/river breeze, I decided to wear one of my all-time favourite dresses - a floral twill fit-to-flare midi silhouette with tulle underlay, grosgrain ribbon belt replete with leather bow detailing - from Anthea Crawford; black matte leather pointy-toed heels with elastic straps from Wittner (ideal mix of comfort & style); cutesy/kitschy/twee Biscuit Shop leather handbag with brass hardware from Vendula London (thanks for the early Christmas present, Belinda & Arthur!) & a pair of bronze bangles... the thin one from boho store Tree of Life & the chunky one from The Way We Wear vintage clothing fair. 

Scroll down to see how the day unfolded...






It's Tradition! I just had to stop by the Myer Christmas Windows for a little peek...




Morning Tea at Keri Craig Emporium
Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself to a Citrus Tart or Victoria Sponge, washed down with an organic Ginger Beer...







Posing alongside the simply stunning decorations in the Brisbane Arcade... an amazing place to pick up those boutique gifts like fancy pens or antique jewellery that will last a lifetime...



Finishing the day with lunch at Great Bar & Restaurant at Spring Hill
So much to choose from (the vast majority $20 & under if you can believe it) that although I chose the mouth-watering Barramundi with Potato Cake & Vegetables, I'm coveting my younger brother's Moroccan Chicken Pie with Beer Battered Chips & Side Salad!

*






*

Dress: Gift, silk & tulle
Sandals: Wittner leather with silver rivets
Bag: Urban Originals vinyl with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver
Bracelets: Gift, silver & blown glass with charms

*

For a morning spent rummaging around the Camp Hill Antique Centre (there's no better place for something "one of a kind" than an antique store; it's highly unlikely that the recipient will get two of the same thing on Christmas morning!) before heading to James Street in Fortitude Valley for a little browse in eclectic fashion & homewares boutiques... as well as lunch at one of my new favourite haunts, Ribs & Burgers... I donned a gorgeous large-scale rose printed silk midi dress with v-neckline & tulle underlay for movement & body (origin unknown); black leather flat sandals with silver rivet detailing from Wittner; black vinyl crossbody bag with silver hardware from Urban Originals (enabling me to peruse unencumbered); silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & a trio of silver & blown glass Christmas beaded bracelets, gifted to me over the years from various friends & family members.




Juicy "Butcher's Choice" Slider with Red Onion & Pickles



Roast Beetroot Side Salad with Walnuts


Washing it all down with a Vanilla Malt Smoothie...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment