Saturday 1 September 2018

Navy Maven







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford embroidered tulle, satin
Anorak: Events Clothing organza, satin (via Lifeline)
Kitten Heels: Florsheim textured leather
Clutch: Anthea Crawford patent leather with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Oxfam silver
Chunky Hinged Bangle: Gift, Paddington Antique Centre vintage silver

*

It seems that I have unwitting managed to become the proud owner of a collection of navy-based dresses this season. Not that I'm complaining, though, particularly when most are as absolutely stunning as this divine embroidered tulle option from Anthea Crawford, which I wore to a recent French cultural event with someone rather special. The burgundy floral embroidery on top of the navy was a subtle reference to the celebrated blue-white-red "tricolour" that symbolises liberty & revolution, which has always been something that I've championed with this little blog of mine. To some it may seem frivolous, but I believe that fashion has the power to change people's perceptions of themselves & moreover, that it should be something available to everyone no matter what size, shape or budget.

To wit, the anorak that I am wearing in some of the latter photographs is one made of a stunning, translucent black organza with satin piping around the collar & a trio of varied, leather-covered buttons down the front, made by a company called Events Clothing that is most commonly found as a concession in David Jones, meaning that it would probably have retailed for over $200 based on quality & label alone. I purchased it for $11 from my local Lifeline store & after a quick wash then dry in the sunshine, it has become a stalwart of my winter wardrobe, worn with all manner of high-end & high-street items, which just goes to show that if you look hard enough, you can find amazing items in unexpected places. 

In addition to the dress & anorak, I donned a ladylike pair of textured navy leather kitten heels with pointy toes & tiny little bows on the sides from Florsheim, carried a shiny navy patent leather clutch with silver hardware from Anthea Crawford & chose two of my all-time favourite silver jewellery pieces to complete the look: a thin silver hinged bangle from Oxfam that I purchased many years ago for my high school formal & have loved ever since & a chunky, 1940s silver hinged bangle with carved fleur de lis from the Paddington Antique Centre that a dear friend gifted me for my 34th birthday.





Scroll down for a peek at the look with the aforementioned organza anorak...







No comments:

Post a Comment