Sunday 27 March 2022

And Then There Was... Drake








*

Dress: Sacha Drake jacquard
Heels: Kitten D'Amour vegan leather
Bag: Gift, handmade & upcycled dupione silk
Hinged Bangle: Precious Stones Jewellers silver
Bangle: Gift, 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles vintage silver
Bangle: Gift, 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles vintage horn

*

So excited to be getting (somewhat) back into the swing of things here in Queensland despite the encroaching "next wave" of coronavirus cases expected to peak here in the next few weeks. I'm sharing all the gorgeous pictures of an outfit that I recently styled up to attend a "Murder Mystery" party in my beloved River City with a 1920s theme. I know, I know, this gorgeous polka dotted jacquard mini smock with huge asymmetrical puff sleeve, ruffled hemline & tie belt from Sacha Drake is a bit reminiscent of the 1980s but I wanted to go for something markedly different from my usual "flapper" sartorial sensibility & with the right art deco inspired accessories, it was the ideal look & feel that worked with the party's Agatha-Christie-esque, "And Then There Were None" (one of my all-time favourite of her many, many whodunnits) overtones. To wit, I've added a pair of black vegan leather double silver buckle heels from vintage-inspired label Kitten D'Amour, a funky handmade & upcycled dupione silk drawstring pouch bag in shades of red, black & a hint of bright blue from a little Aussie boutique on Etsy to carry all the essentials (including mask & hand sanitizer), a beautiful silver art deco style "wave" hinged bangle from the lovely ladies at Precious Stones Jewellers in The Myer Centre & finally, two vintage bangles - one silver & one horn in a shade of chocolate brown/black - gifted to me by my younger brother & discovered at the sadly-now-defunct 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast.

Scroll down to see more...





No comments:

Post a Comment