Wednesday 8 February 2023

Fairy at the Bottom of the Garden

 







*

Dress: Sister Jane organza
Heels: Kitten D'Amour suede
Bag: Ember & Twine canvas, leather

*

If you read this blog often, it will probably be no secret to you that "Cottage Core" or "Fairy Core" is one of my favourite aesthetics... along with "Classic with a Boho Twist," which I adore. I'm partial to the gorgeous sartorial confections created by whimsical British label Sister Jane - including this stunning example made from white floral embroidered organza & cut into a micro-mini length with scalloped hemline, sheer bodice, sweet cap sleeves & dainty Peter Pan collar. It has a very "Fairy at the bottom of the garden" look that I have loved since I was a little girl & I read about the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle "Cottingley Fairy Photo Hoax" of 1917 perpetuated by two little English girls & some paper fairy dolls with hair pins... one of whom just happened to be named Frances, as well... But I digress. I've styled up this gorgeous little frock with a pair of utterly divine light pink suede pointy-toed slingbacks with hexagonal heels & bow detailing from vintage-inspired label Kitten D'Amour & a handmade pink floral canvas shoulder bag with brown leather strap & silver clasp from a little boutique in downtown Ipswich called Ember & Twine to carry all the essentials.

Scroll down to see more...







No comments:

Post a Comment