Friday 24 November 2023

Luck Be A Lady

 







*

Dress: Aje organza, grosgrain ribbon
Mules: Wittner satin, pewter
Clutch: Gift, Alannah Hill beaded
Hinged Bangle: Precious Stones Jewellers mesh, silver, onyx
Ring: Precious Stones Jewellers silver, onyx
Headpiece: Lovisa neoprene

*

For the final outfit in my Spring Racing Carnival series, I'm sharing all the pictures of a look that I styled up to attend an Oaks Day function in my beloved River City. Otherwise known as Ladies Day, it's a time to wear feminine colours or prints (particularly florals if you so desire) & I decided to really go for it with this lingerie-inspired lavender pleated organza midi dress with ruffled neckline & black grosgrain ribbon tie straps from Australian designer Aje. I donned a pair of black satin mules with pewter heels from Wittner that I call my "Philadelphia Story" shoes because Katherine Hepburn wore a similar pair in the 1941 film where she played heiress Tracy Lord, a heavily pewter beaded & art deco inspired envelope clutch from Alannah Hill (worn previously to my brother & sister-in-law's wedding dinner) to lean into the "golden age of Hollywood" vibes, a silver mesh hinged bangle with silver & onyx art deco clasp & matching ring from the delightful ladies at Precious Stones Jewellers in Uptown (formerly the Myer Centre) & finally, a sculptural black neoprene bow headpiece from my local Lovisa store to mimic the dress straps & complete the look.

Scroll down to see more...










No comments:

Post a Comment