Thursday 30 March 2017

Afternoons in Pink Satin










*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill
Heels: Wittner satin with gold resin heels
Bag: Forever New vinyl with gold hardware
Cuffs: Gift, hammered bronze

*



Currently reminiscing on sunkissed afternoons in pink satin mules while the rain event wrought by ex-tropical cyclone Debbie rages outside in the encroaching darkness... Life in Queensland is never boring with the weather to keep us all simultaneously horrified & transfixed, am I right?! 

Anyway, here I am, posing in the backyard in the last rays of the afternoon sun wearing one of my all-time favourite dresses from Anthea Crawford - a gorgeous, large-scale floral twill number with a wide neckline, elongating princess seams & a twirly fit-to-flare skirt that finishes just below the knee. In fact, I loved it so much that I actually wore it as my "Christmas Day" dress last year. It was great to give it another outing for a styling job in the City, particularly when mixed with the aforementioned baby pink satin mules with gold resin heels (kitschy & not dissimilar to the pair worn by Katharine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story) from Wittner, pearlised vinyl handbag with gold hardware from Forever New to carry all my essentials & a pair of chunky, vintage hammered bronze cuffs that a dear friend of mine brought back from a sojourn in India... just the thing to add a little bit of edge to an otherwise rather "girly" look.

Well, it's one of my styling success stories (when pieces bought at different time by different people just seem to work together so cohesively with a little imagination) & I hope it gives you inspiration too! If so, scroll down for some more pictures of the whole ensemble in sun-dappled light...













"Beauty I'd always missed, with these eyes before..."

And yes, the name of this post was inspired by one of my best-loved songs, Nights in White Satin (1967) by The Moody Blues. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please give it a listen on You Tube or alternatively, rent the Tim Burton film, Dark Shadows & watch the opening credits. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment