Wednesday 8 March 2017

Summer's End










*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill with grosgrain & leather ribbon
Heels: Wittner leather
Bag: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Bangle: Lancaster's Antiques silver
Brooch: Gift, silver, resin, diamante

*

In Queensland, the end of Summer usually means slightly cooler days & much cooler nights... thank goodness! It's a long time coming (& still isn't there completely) but I'm celebrating in this heavier-weight little twill number from Anthea Crawford with its dark floral pattern & fit-to-flare silhouette with grosgrain & leather bow belt. In addition, I'm "getting the most" out of my favourite warmer-weather flesh-tone, strappy leather sandals from Wittner & matching ruffled vinyl handbag with silver hardware from Forever New. Rather than overload the look with jewellery, I've chosen a couple of special pieces - a dainty vintage silver "upcycled" fork bangle from Lancaster's Antiques in Toowoomba & a rather large, gorgeous silver, resin & diamante frog brooch, gifted to me by a dear family friend in memory of her mother, who had a collection (among many) of frog related paraphenalia. Loving all things botanical as I do, it is the perfect addition to my floral dress repertoire & a wonderful way to remember a very special lady.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment