Thursday 2 March 2017

Love Today







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford guipure lace
Heels: Wittner leather
Bag: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Scarf: Gift, printed silk chiffon
Necklace: Gift, pearls (from China)
Bangle: Lancaster's Antiques silver vintage fork
Ring: Gift, silver & pearl (from China)

*

Last week I shared pictures of the outfit I wore to host a pre-Valentines Day Masterclass & High Tea with some lovely ladies so today I'm sharing some pictures of the ensemble I styled up for the actual day in question, when I headed out with some dear friends to watch a "pas de deux" ballet performance... timely it would seem, as the words literally mean "step of two" in French. 

Working with the ladylike vibe I always associate with classical ballet, I decided this divine blush-coloured guipure lace empire-line dress from Anthea Crawford with its beautiful sculpted v-neckline detail; keeping it tonal with a pair of strappy flesh-tone leather heels (with tassels on the back zippers!) from Wittner & matching vinyl ruffled handbag from Forever New for all of the essentials. To add a little more "pizzazz," I tied a violet, black & blush printed silk chiffon scarf into an oversized bow around one of the straps; it's a great & inexpensive stylist's trick to have in one's fashion repertoire. When it came to the jewellery, I decided to go "all out" with some of my most treasured pieces: the transcendent tri-strand pearl necklace & matching ring the my younger brother brought back for me from a recent trip to China & a vintage silver fork-turned-bangle from Lancaster's Antiques in Toowoomba... it's the one by the train station & is a veritable treasure trove of amazing bric-a-brac!





Scroll down for a few final pictures of this ensemble... & to see the look I styled for some karaoke with friends after dark!





*






*

Jumpsuit: Asos sequinned chiffon
Heels: Novo gold leather mules
Clutch: Fairmart printed silk with gold hardware
Cuff: Samantha Wills resin with gold hardware

*

Avid readers of this blog will already know how much I absolutely adore karaoke & what better time to belt out some tunes (most of them about love as, let's face it, it's kinda what makes the world go 'round & has been inspiring musicians since the year dot...) than with a pack of pals on Valentines Day? 

I'm clearing living for the disco vibe with this ah-mazing pink sequinned chiffon jumpsuit with asymmetrical sleeve detailing from British fast-fashion mega-store Asos, which I've matched with a pair of shiny gold high-heeled mules from Novo (not one to do things by halves, obviously, mixing sparkle & shine) & a funky printed silk clutch with gold hardware from a little store in Ipswich called Fairmart. I've had it for about five or so years & it's the first time I've worn it, so there is something to be said for this new Instagram phenomenon of "shopping your own closet" that I keep reading about. The rest of the look was so full on that I kept the jewellery simple & statement-making with this awesome Samantha Wills chunky black resin cuff with gold hardware.

Keeping scrolling for a last look at the whole crazy ensemble & for a quick list of my all-time favourite "love themed" karaoke songs...




*

Torn - Natalie Imbruglia (1992)

That Ain't Love - REO Speedwagon (1987)

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (1978)

I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meatloaf (1993)

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush (1978)

Set Fire to the Rain - Adele (2011)

Long As I Can See the Light - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

*

No comments:

Post a Comment