Thursday 23 May 2019

Inspired by Spode








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford guipure lace
Coat: Phase Eight silk/satin
Mules: Country Road leather, stacked heel
Bag: Renee Loves Frances painted cane
Bracelet: Karen Walker silver, cameo

*

It's no secret that I absolutely adore ladylike dressing with a touch of bohemian thrown in for good measure & this is particularly prevalent in the cooler months, when I actually get to layer up with sumptuous coats, jackets & anoraks over my plethora of well-loved dresses. A thoughtful friend recently gifted me this stunning blue & white floral printed silk/satin coat from Phase Eight & it was as though all my Anglophile dreams of ACTUALLY wearing prints inspired by kitschy Spode dinnerware had finally come true (yes, you really did just read that, it's a sentence that I truly did write...) so when I was invited to attend an archaeology lecture series on a chilly Autumn day in Queensland, it seemed like the perfect time to style it up! Even though this coat would work with plenty of different shades of navy, white & sky blue, I decided to "amp up" the colour palette & mix it with a bright blue floral guipure lace midi dress from Anthea Crawford (the perfect length for the hemline to peek out from beneath), white leather pointy-toed mules with maple wood stacked heels from Country Road, white painted cane handbag from Renee Loves Frances' boutique at Bulimba for that boho touch I alluded to earlier & finally, a sweet silver bracelet with navy & white "girl with ponytail" cameo from Aussie designer Karen Walker.






No comments:

Post a Comment