Wednesday 15 May 2019

Deco Darling








*

Dress: Review embellished mesh
Belt: Sacha Drake embellished organza
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Clutch: Fable from Pour Mes Amis velvet, embroidery, beads
Hinged Bangle: Precious Stones Jewellers silver

*

Dressing like an extra from F. Scott Fitzergerald's The Great Gatsby has long been one of my favourite things, probably because I utterly adore anything & everything art deco, flapper or 1920s... real or inspired reproduction... possibly because my name is also Frances, albeit spelled the so-called female way with an "e." When I spied this stunning little embellished number from "girly" Aussie label Review hanging in the store window, it's fair to say that my heart skipped a beat - it's pretty much the Daisy Buchanan dress of my dreams with its deep burgundy colour, all-over beading, ruffled sleeve detailing & fit-t0-flare silhouette with twirl-worthy skirt. I've styled it up to attend an "interactive" performance of the aforementioned novel by a fledgling, avant garde theatre company in Brisbane by adding a heavily embellished black organza obi-style belt from Sacha Drake to cinch the waist, shiny black patent high-heeled ankle boots from Wittner, a heavily beaded black velvet clutch from Fable, found in a gorgeous little boutique in Albury Wodonga called Pour Mes Amis, sent to me as a birthday gift by a dear friend & finally, a chunky silver hinged bangle in the shape of a wave (very 1920s with its curved edging) from Precious Stones Jewellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment