Saturday 21 January 2023

Birthday Boys










*

Dress: Aje linen, embellishment
Heels: Isabella via Tides Boutique leather
Brooch: Gift, silver, mother of pearl
Bangle: Gift, 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles silver
Bangle Stack: Gift, vintage Mexican silver

*

As mentioned in a previous post, December is a pretty busy time for the family with all the Christmas preparations but also a few birthday celebrations thrown in for good measure! In this post, I'm sharing pictures from an afternoon dual birthday celebration for my brother & cousin - born two days & a few years apart - from a few weeks ago. For the occasion, I wore a gorgeous ivory linen Grecian-inspired asymmetrical smock dress with tie strap (extra embellished strap added by me as I'm not a fan of one-shoulder dresses on myself) from celebrated Australian designer Aje, styled up with a pair of beautiful & bright blue leather bow heels from a brand called Isabella that I picked up from Tides Boutique in Burleigh Heads (yes, they look utterly divine but I really can't recommend them as the quality actually isn't particularly good despite the hefty price tag - the bottom of the heels practically disintegrated after only three small wears... they're subsequently at the shoe repair being fixed) for a pop of bright colour, a blue & silver mother of pearl brooch in the shape of a Christmas Angel that was given to me by a dear friend years ago & my usual favourite silver jewellery pieces - a vintage silver bangle from 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles (now reopened in a new location at the Gold Coast/Tweed Heads) & a stack of vintage Mexican silver bangles to complete the look.

Scroll down to see more, including a close-up of the brooch in question & some cheeky little family pictures before our guests arrived...






Keep scrolling for even more snippets...






























No comments:

Post a Comment