Thursday 15 October 2015

Sprung!





*

Dress: Anthea Crawford scuba & lace
Kimono: mesh & fringing(from Figure 8 Fashion, Ipswich)
Sandals: Rivers patent
Bangle: Vintage, silver & semi-precious stone

*

What I love the MOST about Springtime is those few sweet weeks when the weather is warm enough to go bare-legged yet cool enough to warrant some kind of jacket or extra layer of fabric. This ensemble, worn for a day of retail therapy with friends, sees a Winter-weight Anthea Crawford dress made of neoprene (scuba) with an overlay of lace being worn without tights or booties, a scarf or even a leather jacket... merely a pair of colour-blocked patent sandals with oversized buckle that I picked up in a massive Rivers sale for $5 & an awesome black mesh Jersey Girl kimono that the haberdashery store basically threw up on! GOTTA LOVE THAT WINGSPAN! Check it out in all its glory below:




With such a busy dress & kimono combo, jewellery was kept to a minimum - a single, vintage silver bangle with inlaid red & blue semi-precious stones at intervals.


Other than that, it was a swipe of black Clinique mascara & slick of red Revlon lipstick (this particular shade is called "Romance") & I was good to go!



A NOTE ABOUT THE LOCATION: Seeing as Franny Gets Frocked is a "street style" or "everyday style" blog rather than an editorial one, I usually like to take outfit photographs in & around my own home unless I'm heading somewhere particularly special. This Spring has seen the front & back gardens burst into bloom like never before & they have become my current favourite places to "shoot" with my long-suffering photographer... ie: my mother. Scroll down to see some of the greenery that I enjoy everyday & even take a peek at a flowering Bird of Paradise!!







*

No comments:

Post a Comment