Wednesday 28 October 2015

Style Statement









*

Dress: Montique taffeta & brocade
Jacket: Montique brocade & taffeta
Heels: Novo glitter & suede
Clutch: Adorne satin
Bangles: Gift, gold, silver & diamante (from India)
Ring: Vintage, gold & diamond (once belonged to my Nanna)
Bow Ring: Victoria & Albert Museum gold & diamante

*



Finally posting all of the pictures of an outfit I wore to attend a recent fashion blogger's fashion luncheon... This particular look is one of my all-time favourites & begins with a stunning taffeta dress from Montique in a vivid shade of teal with ruched sweetheart neckline, widening shoulder straps, just-below-the-knee hemline & 3D origami flower waist detail in contrasting brocade print. It was given to me as part of a set, to be worn with a three-quarter-sleeved, collared cropped bolero jacket in the aforementioned large-scale floral brocade. Together they make quite an elegant statement, as evidenced below: 






Rather than add black accessories to such a vibrant look, I donned a pair of glittery silver & chrome suede peeptoe platforms from Novo & carried a smooth, chrome satin box clutch with 1940s-style clip fastening from Adorne in keeping with the sophisticated styling. When it came to jewellery, once again I added sparkle but kept it classy, choosing a trio of mixed metal bangles that a dear friend sent me from India, a delicate gold ring with diamond setting that once belonged to my Nanna & an oversized, gold & diamante cocktail ring in the shape of a bow that I picked up at the Victoria & Albert Museum Gift Shop on a family trip to Europe. Scroll down to see the pieces in detail:




*

No comments:

Post a Comment