Monday 18 September 2017

Orbison














*

Dress: Review lace with satin lining
Jacket: Portmans leather
Boots: Wittner patent leather
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Clutch: Asos velvet
Necklace: Gift, rose gold
Bracelet: Gift, rose gold & resin

*

When you are like me & absolutely adore music from the 1960s & 1970s, you just have to realise that, for the most part, you won't get to see your favourite acts live on stage. I have been pretty darn lucky so far & have been able to see many great musicians like Bob Dylan, Donovan, Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam), The Seekers, The Rolling Stones, John Fogerty - to name a few - but obviously there are glaring issues with bands like The Beatles, where two of the members are sadly no longer with us. Luckily for me & those like me who absolutely adore playing the "golden oldies" (as they are often called) on scratchy records picked up for a few dollars at vintage stores, modern technology has made it possible to experience the joy of seeing the greats in a concert scenario. Case in point: The Roy Orbison Tribute Show that I was fortunate enough to recently attend at QPAC with some dear friends, a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience what it would have been like to see "The Big O" perform all his hits live on stage with full orchestral backing.


For such a special occasion, I decided to debut this gorgeous little retro-inspired number with its burgundy floral lace, simple shift shape & faux cropped bodice from Aussie brand Review, mixed with an edgy black leather cropped jacket from Portmans, shiny black patent leather ankle boots with buttons from Wittner, 40 denier matte tights from Razzamatazz to ward off the chill in the air & a blush pink velvet envelope clutch from Asos to carry all the essentials. When it came to jewellery, I opted for some dainty, botanical-themed pieces in rose gold - a long necklace with leaf pendant & butterfly resin bracelet, both gifted to me by dear friends. 








"I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night, I softly say:
A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to my dreams of you..."


*

No comments:

Post a Comment