Saturday 23 November 2019

(Wo)man in Black






*

Dress: Carla Zampatti crepe
Mules: Gorman calf hair
Bag: French Connection suede with silver hardware
Wrap Bangle: Gift, Commercial Road Antiques vintage buffalo horn
Cuff: Gift, Commerical Road Antiques vintage buffalo horn

*

Avid readers of this blog will already know about my deep & abiding love for vibrant colours & funky prints; to be totally honest, they are my "happy place" when it comes to choosing clothes that capture (what I believe is) the REAL me. That being said, I've also started to reintroduce block colour into my wardrobe, as well as shades of black & white... & I'm relishing the chance to wear something a little different & a bit more subtle. This stunning black crepe sheath dress with attached cape detail from celebrated Aussie designer Carla Zampatti is truly exceptional; a piece that could exist in my wardrobe season after season, year after year. It is timeless & classic; the perfect "investment" piece & quite frankly, the ultimate splurge. I've styled it up with a pair of leopard print calf-hair mules with cylindrical black heels from Gorman, a boxy black suede handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connection & a matching vintage buffalo horn wrap bangle & chunky cuff that I discovered at Commercial Road Antiques to attend a recent Tex Perkins tribute performance to "The Man in Black" himself, Mr Johnny Cash... it just seemed like a match made in fashion heaven & a line that I am more than willing to walk...









No comments:

Post a Comment