Monday 1 May 2017

Absolutely Everybunny #2






Ready for some more snippets from the Penny Family Easter festivities? I thought you would be! This year, Good Friday was also my 33rd birthday, so it was a double celebration of birthday cake & chocolate eggs with family & dear friends alike. 

Without further ado, start scrolling...





*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill
Jacket: Vintage, lace (belonged to my Great Grandmother)
Brogues: Country Road leather
Watch: Guess silver & rose gold
Bangle: Gift, rose gold & enamel

*

Looking resplendent (with my furry interloper by my side) in this year's birthday ensemble: a gorgeous large-scale floral twill dress with princess seams & floaty midi-hemline from Anthea Crawford, vintage blue lace three-quarter-sleeved jacket from the 1960s that once belonged to my Great Grandmother Bertha, the softest shiny silver leather brogues from Country Road, chunky rose gold & silver watch from Guess & dainty rose gold & enamel butterfly bangle (a birthday gift from some dear family friends... see yesterday's blog post) to pick up on the colours inherent in the print of the dress. 



Wearing my Great Grandmother's jacket was a truly emotional experience for me, as she was someone that I never had the chance to meet but always wished I had. My Mother has an old cassette tape of her voice - used for a university assignment in the 1970s - that I listened to sporadically through the years & of course I have seen many, many photographs over the years, but this was something that I felt I could actually SHARE with her in some small way, which really was a beautiful thing to experience on my birthday.




Well, now that all the fashion details are out of the way, keep scrolling to see how the rest of the day unfolded... With ten adults & four children under ten years old, I like to refer to it as a kind of "happy chaos."



Traditional Scottish Breakfast of Salmon Mornay & Hot Cross Buns





Making friends...








Brotherly Love


Jeremy opens his Easter presents...






Playtime with Ollie



Tuckered Out







It wasn't long before the little children hit the backyard for some outdoor games...


James goes in to bat...


Riley happy with his soccer ball...


Birthday Condensed Milk Tart


About to blow out my candles & make a wish...


Sharing a cuddle with Jeremy, my little kindred spirit...




Homemade Easter Cupcakes




Ollie digs in...





Gamers





*

My lovely, thoughtful birthday gifts from family & friends, including the gorgeous orange & green display (Shen Yun colours, but that's a story for tomorrow's blog post) created by mother, Joanne...








"Why, sometimes she believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!"








My very own Archibald Ormsby-Gore & Jumbo, replicas of those owned by famed poet laureate John Betjeman who was also the inspiration for the character of Sebastian Flyte in Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh...





Ferdinand the Bull (all the way from America)





Antique "Bathing Lady" Statues from Belgium




Vintage Paper Mache Geese from Belgium


*

No comments:

Post a Comment