Thursday 4 May 2017

Tale As Old As Time...







*

Dress: Basque silk/satin
Scarf: Tree of Life woven cotton
Brogues: Wittner leather
Bag: Forever New vinyl with gold hardware
Watch: Jag gold
Bangles: Alex & Ani gold & onyx

*

Childhood dreams can come true... they just might take a while! Twenty-five years after marveling at the singing, dancing, cinematic dream that was "Beauty & the Beast" in cartoon form, Disney finally released it as a live action epic, using previously unreleased lyrics for some of my all-time favourite songs & writing another three with lauded musical theatre genius Tim Rice. Deciding to make an "event" out of it, I went to the screening with my Goddaughter Tobin, her mother & grandmother as well as my friend Belinda & her little boy but my heart was filled with some trepidation... What if they've ruined the classic that I love? That feeling all but evaporated in the first few seconds as I saw a fantasy realised. Safe to say, I adored it - so much so that I saw it for a second time a week later with my mother!

On this maiden trip, however, I decided to go with a bit of  theme, wearing a gorgeous rose printed silk/satin fit-to-flare dress from Basque (exclusive to Myer), black leather pointy-toed lace up brogues from Wittner, burgundy vinyl crossbody bag with black piping & gold hardware from Forever New - big enough for the essentials yet small enough to fit on my seat so I don't have to worry about it under my feet throughout the film. When it came to accessories, I wore the gold Jag watch that a dear friend gave me for Christmas, as well as an armful of gold & onyx Alex & Ani bohemian-style bracelets gifted to me by my parents. For added colour & flair, I looped a bright purple & red cotton "Om" printed scarf from Tree of Life around my neck. 



After the film, Belinda & I went to Beach House for something yummy to eat, deciding on the Spicy Calamari with Aioli & Rosemary Kipfler Potatoes & Salad on the Side...



*





*

Dress: Anthea Crawford satin
Scarf: Gift, silk/cotton with crochet ends
Loafers: KNM patent leather & woven thread
Bag: Vera May patent leather with gold hardware
Bracelet: Shambhala wooden & beaded

*

For my second viewing of "Beauty & the Beast," I donned yet another rose themed ensemble: a gorgeous large-scale floral satin fit-to-flare dress from Anthea Crawford, burgundy patent & rainbow woven thread loafers from KNM, purchased from a little store at Montville, bright orange patent handbag with gold hardware from Vera May (found at the Simona Ricci store at Mt Ommaney), creamy beige silk/cotton scarf/wrap with cream lace crochet ends that some dear friends gave me for my birthday recently & finally, a chunky dark wood & coloured shell bead bracelet from a little hippie boutique called Shambhala at Coolangatta.

I'm nothing if not good at sticking to what I know, so headed to Beach House, this time for something a little bit sweet, starting with this piping hot Chai Latte...


Scroll down to see how the rest of the morning unfolded, including a cheeky little lift selfie...





*

No comments:

Post a Comment