Saturday 20 May 2017

Lady of the Lake











*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jacquard with grosgrain ribbon & embellishment
Bolero: Anthea Crawford silk chiffon
Heels: Wittner leather
Bag: Vintage, Oroton silver & white mesh
Cuff: Gian Paolo Maria burnished silver, beads, crystals, semi-precious stones 
(via Lannah Dunn)
Ring: Swarovski silver, beads, crystals, semi-precious stones

*


Taken at dusk to evoke the colours of its most famous scene, these are the pictures of the outfit I styled to attend a performance of Queensland Ballet's Swan Lake. Despite having two left feet of my own, avid readers of this blog will already know about my deep & abiding love of all things ballet & Swan Lake - with its music by Tchaikovsky & those beautiful feathered tutus - is my absolute favourite, particularly the simply breathtaking scene of the four cygnets on the lake against a blue-toned backdrop. 







For such an occasion, I donned a stunning baby blue hibiscus print jacquard fit-to-flare dress with gentle v-neckline, high/low hem & heavily embellished grosgrain ribbon belt from Anthea Crawford with matching blue chiffon three-quarter-sleeved bolero to ward off the chill in the air; silver leather t-bar heels from Wittner for added height with a touch of shine as well as a vintage silver & white Glomesh handbag that I was lucky enough to spy at a little market stall in Fortitude Valley last year, large enough to carry all of the essentials yet small enough to remain dainty. When it came to jewellery, I decided to wear some special pieces, gifted to me on my birthday a few years ago by my parents & younger brother - a burnished silver cuff with inlaid Swarovski crystals, beads & semi-precious stones, handmade in Paris by Gian Paolo Maria & found in the amazing Lannah Dunn store in Brisbane City & a matching ring from Swarovski

Scroll down for a closer look at the entire ensemble, this time without the bolero...











*

No comments:

Post a Comment