Sunday 14 July 2019

Colleges Crossing






*

Dress: Ankoa cotton, lace
Kimono: 
High Top Sneakers: Chuck Taylor Converse leather, rubber, laces
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Bag: Urban Originals via TK Maxx vinyl with silver hardware
Hat: Forever New straw, grosgrain ribbon

*

So excited to share all of the gorgeous photographs from an overcast winter's day in Queensland spent exploring Colleges Crossing with my cousin & her two rambunctious munchkins. As you may have already noticed, I am absolutely loving the whole "modern prairie" trend that is taking over the catwalks & fashion houses this season, so enjoyed posing in this Little House on the Prairie meets Hippie Counterculture look. I'm wearing a gorgeous floral cotton midi dress with voluminous three-quarter-length sleeves, tie neckline, ruffled hem & white lace trimming from darling slow-fashion label Ankoa with a heavy white lace kimono with fringing from Lost in Alila that I purchased quite a few years ago & have been saving for an occasion like this. When it came to accessories, I wasn't afraid to add edgy black items including a pair of chunky black leather high-top Chuck Taylor sneakers from Converse (quite literally the most comfortable pair of shoes that I own), 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamatazz to keep my legs feeling toasty-warm, a black vinyl crossbody bag with silver hardware from Urban Originals via my local TK Maxx store to carry all the essentials while keeping my hands free for climbing, holding tight to my hat during the breeze & (of course) child-wrangling & finally, as previously alluded to, a black straw boater hat from Forever New that I picked up for under $10 in a recent sale.






Scroll down to see how it all unfolded...










Bridging The Gap






In A Spin












Australian Pastoral










Checking out the view from Colleges by the River cafe...




Mushroom Omelette with Bacon, Hash Browns, Tomato & Toast


Washing it all down with a Cold Pressed Iced Coffee...


















Feeling like I was living in a real-life version of Storm Boy when this beautiful pelican came out of the water & right over to where we were sitting on the riverbank...


No comments:

Post a Comment