Saturday 3 April 2021

Lately



If you fancy a little something to read on the Easter Long Weekend, why not scroll down & see what's been happening around here lately? 





Having a quick "try on" in front of the antique wardrobe's full-length mirror wearing this absolutely divine crinkled polyblend dress from Gorman's recent collaboration with artist *. I've removed the slip that came with the dress (why must they always be bias cut underneath a straight or flowing silhouette?!) & added a pair of black vegan leather heels with white bib detailing from Kitten D'Amour for added height. Can't wait for the perfect time & place to wear this work of art out of the house...


*





Loving easy breezy silhouettes for warm days & this darling floral cotton number from my local H&M store (purchased for under $30) fits the bill perfectly! It can be worn off or on the shoulder (I've opted for the latter to disguise bra straps) & can be dressed up or down. For these stunning snapshots, I've gathered one side & tied it to create further interest & styled it up with a pair of soft gold vegan leather deco heels from French-inspired label Kitten D'Amour for that touch of glam.

*


I'm calling it a "trial run" for my birthday this year... my favourite dessert ever, a Condensed Milk Tart (condensed milk with lemon & biscuit base), now with added raspberries!

*




Heading out to run some errands & attend appointments wearing a funky floral linen shift dress from Princess Highway, a pair of black vegan leather low heels from Kitten D'Amour (they are utterly killing it in the shoe game this year) & a chunky resin Greco/Roman "cameo" bracelet that some dear friends found in Italy & gave me for my birthday last year.


*



Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
(Can you tell I've been watching the 1990s version of The Secret Garden on Netflix?)
Quite well at the moment, actually, owing to the cooler temperatures & pouring rain we've been having. In fact, everything seems to be currently in bloom, which is really playing havoc with my sinuses. Here's the culprit...

*





Celebrating family birthdays in person again... for now, anyway... 
Here's to my cousin Renee's special day & photographers who abide by that time-honoured rule of never working with animals or children. They were having a great time, I swear... & had, in fact, just eaten two or three homemade cupcakes each!

*



Upping our takeaway game with some tasty options... a pizza roll (heated up in the oven for ten minutes wrapped in foil) from a new bakery that opened a mere nine minutes from my house & delicious Italian ravioli & garlic pizza from one of our top ten places to eat in the city, Marinara Italian Restaurant at Hawthorne... more than nine minutes away but worth the trip.

*




In my natural habit - a boutique changing room - wearing a gorgeous cream & brown spotted cotton mini smock with puff sleeves from Seed Heritage, a pair of tan leather & rope espadrilles with gold buckles from Jo Mercer & a woven straw handbag from H&M to carry all the essentials.

*


What can I say? I'm helpless when it comes to Chia Pudding with Berry Compote, Pumpkin Seeds, Slivered Almonds & Craisins from YouFoodz... Have you tried it? It's just too good!

*










Savoring slow & sunny afternoons at the playground with this munchkins, who seem to be growing up right before my eyes...

*


ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER! Cannot say enough good things about Salt Lab's Magnesium Oil. Honestly, it's the only thing that's given me respite from my Restless Legs Syndrome in quite some time. So thankful for a good night's sleep to rest & rejuvenate in these stressful times.

*


Another day, another series of changing room mirror selfies! This time, I'm out & about in my hometown, shopping at a gorgeous local boutique called Oh! Jo Jo that has a distinctly bohemian flair about it. Once again, spent too much time & money but it was definitely worth it! I'll be debuting the gorgeous mint broderie cotton mini smock dress that I bought on the blog very, very soon... 


I'm posing in a darling monochrome gingham organic seersucker jumpsuit from celebrated Aussie label Gorman that I've mixed with a pair of black vegan leather heels with white bib detailing from Kitten D'Amour, a black woven straw handbag from my local Target (purchased in the sale section for the princely sum of $10 & worth every penny), a silver Indian necklace from Tree of Life that some dear friends gifted me for Christmas a few years ago & finally, a silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop for some daytime shine.


*



Mirror selfies in my dressing room in a floral cotton smock dress that I purchased on Ebay for less than $5 that was handmade by a talented seamstress who unfortunately never sewed a label inside her creation...

*




It's all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!
Very special (very cult classic) birthday present for my now teenage (!) Goddaughter from her loving & devoted Godmother. Anyone else a HUGE fan of this film? I think it's one of Bette Midler's best...

*



Venturing out for a spot of shopping followed by lunch at Grill'd Burgers. I'm wearing an ice blue linen midi dress with shirred bodice & fluted ruffle sleeves from Dissh, a pair of black leather lace-up heels from Jo Mercer, an indigo denim & black vinyl handbag from Nine West to carry all the essentials (face mask, hand sanitizer), a silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & matching silver & onyx charm bangle & rings from Pandora to complete the look.

*


Valentine's Day brought to you by one of my most beloved Disney films, Beauty & the Beast. The particular scene depicted by these Funko Pop figures is perhaps my favourite of the entire film, not least because of the song...

There's something sweet & almost kind
But he was mean & he was coarse & unrefined
But now he's dear & so unsure
I don't know why I didn't see it there before

*




A mirror selfie & outfit flatlay with pops of red to celebrate Chinese New Year...
The stunning floral brocade dress is from Anthea Crawford, the red vegan leather deco heels from Kitten D'Amour, the black velvet knot bag & velvet headband with faux pearls are from Spanish boutique Swinging Chicks Shop via Etsy & the faux pearl bracelets are from Lovisa.

*



Keeping up with the cooking on our delightful blue & white ceramic Spode plates...
The top meal is a Chicken Filo with Homemade Potato Chips, Honey Carrots, Broccolini & Zucchini & the bottom meal is Fresh Barramundi, Homemade Potato Chips, Homemade Sweet Potato Chips, Lettuce, Carrot, Diced Beetroot & Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.

*





Thoughtful little gifts from those I love...

*


Heading out for a spot of shoe shopping wearing a beautiful palm-leaf-embroidered camel cotton midi dress with puff sleeves, cut-out shoulders & a ruffled hemline from Aussie boho label Apartment Clothing, a pair of white leather pointy-toed mules with wooden heels from Country Road, a woven straw crossbody bag from a boutique that I can no longer find on Etsy & a pair of handmade copper rings that I found at a stall at the Redcliffe Markets a few years ago...

*




Sweet treats for my sweet tooth...
Hot Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts from Donut King, Lemon Meringue Tart from Passiontree Velvet & homemade Lemon Muffin with Organic Honey Drizzle, made by a lovely neighbour.

*








Birthday Celebrations for the special man in our lives, my father. For an afternoon of gift-giving, takeaway Oishii Sushi Bar & homemade Apricot Cheesecake at my brother & sister-in-law's place, I wore a beautiful floral cotton midi dress with shirred bodice & puff sleeves from Witchery, a pair of blush leather lace-up gladiator sandals with floral silk tie straps from Mollini & a woven straw crossbody bag from a store that no longer exists on Etsy to carry any & all of the essentials while keeping my hands free.



No comments:

Post a Comment