Sunday 27 July 2014

Make Up Maven












*

Dress: Laura K
Jacket: City Chic
Heels: Emerson suede
Bag: Novo patent
Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Bracelet: Pandora
Ring: Pandora

*

Couldn't resist sharing a few pictures of my look for a day spent learning the art of make up application from an expert. (Cue nervousness... make up has never been my strong suit...) This dress ticks all the right boxes: elegant yet sassy enough to give me some much-needed confidence, yet edgy with the addition of the wedge booties & leather jacket. 

The man himself couldn't have been more professional, polite & encouraging, understanding that not every one wants to be a make up artist; some of us just want to use the quality products properly in order to recreate a quasi-professional look at home. Mastering the foundation, powder, blusher - not that I needed it... when I was small, our next door neighbour Ray used to call me "Happy Little Vegemite" - lipstick, mascara & eye shadow was easy but the eye liner & false lashes... not so much... 

All in the all, the tutorial was successful as I am more confident in my ability to enhance the "vibe" of my outfit with my make up choices & although more practice is required with regards to the dreaded eyeliner, as God as my witness I WILL conquer the cat-eye look one of these days... 


No comments:

Post a Comment