Saturday 19 July 2014

Friday Night Fare






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford crepe
Jacket: Just Jeans leather
Faux Fur Vest: Glassons
Booties: City Chic leather
Bag: Vera May
Belt: Blue Illusion
Floral Wool Wrap: Gift
Cuff: Vintage 1970s tribal silver

*

All rugged up for dinner out with my mother & some friends at a local restaurant. I'm no food critic but would have to admit that both the fare & service were so-so... neither of which truly mattered when enjoying the wit & wisdom of close companions.

I remixed the vibrant yet snuggly shift from the day before with my trusty leather jacket & "gorilla" faux fur vest - my first-ever purchase from the newly opened Glassons store at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown - as well as a pair of knee-high boots to keep my legs as warm as possible. 

For me, the problem with wintertime is the extreme temperature difference between outdoors & indoors. I knew the toasty vest would be too hot inside the bistro (though IMPERATIVE for the car ride over) so I took a beautiful floral wool wrap as an "in between option." Rather than a pop of colour, it was a glimpse of pattern that added depth & interest to my ensemble by picking up the electric blue colour in the embroidered roses. 






It was also the perfect opportunity to take my new handbag from Navie's Jewellers. For a relatively small store, they have an amazing range of funky handbags in unexpected colours & unique designs. A recent haul included 3 new bags from the range - the Vera May one that is perfect for the current season & the striped Sassy Duck brand bag & tote combo for the fast approaching springtime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment