Thursday 5 February 2015

Fresh As A Daisy








*

Dress: Ellis & Dewey: Black Label silk/cotton
Sandals: Betts for Her patent
Bag: Sportsgirl vinyl
Ring: Hourglass Jewellers, Booval silver, resin & hessian

*

I know a lot of people hate on yellow - I mean, just watch a classic Western movie & they're railing against "yellow" lily-livered, 'fraidy cats - but I absolutely adore it & moreover, believe there's a tone (or tones) to suit every skin colour. Take me, for example: I am extremely pale - so pale, in fact, that small children point at me when I'm swimming in the ocean as my legs are so white that they "glow" under the water; clearly not the stereotypical blond beach bunny, then - & yet there are a multitude of yellows that I can wear WITHOUT looking like I have a liver complaint.


This particular hue is one of them - & better still, it's mixed with black as part of an amazing "thatched" print lantern-style smock by funky designers Ellis & Dewey. The neckline is tight enough to provide shape yet the bottom has the body, flow & movement that is perfect for an Aussie summer, as evidenced below... 




To further enhance the sunny, summery feel, a row of daisies were added at the neckline - an easy, 5 minute iron-on job courtesy of the haberdashery department at Spotlight. They just provide a little extra "something" that makes you feel happy when looking at it & even happier when wearing it, bringing light to my face... I mean, who can resist breaking into a smile when thinking of daisies? They're so fresh, whimsical & innocent.



Trusty black patent gladiator sandals & a boxy black vinyl bag give the cute look a little edge; ditto for the chunky, statement cocktail ring - with yellow hessian centre! - that I found at my local Hourglass Jewellers.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment