Tuesday 3 February 2015

Hair Tuesday

 

As those of you following me on Instagram or Facebook would already know, I spent some of today at the hairdresser, having my trademark bob cut infinitesimally shorter... To the onlooker anyway; I can see & feel the difference. 

BEFORE SHOT above. AFTER SHOT below.
What can I say? I love a mirror selfie - or "melfie" as I'm christening it.


But my day wasn't all snip, snip, snip & colour, set, read magazines, get scalp massage - I also did some running/calling around to garner pieces for a styling client's new wardrobe & listened to some Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam records, hence the blog post's title. 









*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jersey
Sandals: Bare Traps leather, cork & crystal
Bag: LouenHide leather
Wrap Bracelet: Swarovski leather & crystal

*

Today's wardrobe choice was this gorgeous Anthea Crawford dress made from comfortable stretch jersey, with sweet cap-sleeves & an interesting twist detail at the waist. It would be prudent here to admit that I may have had the garment shortened just a little... okay, maybe a lot... & that due to a teeny little mishap when the alterations were being completed, I then had to add a white floral iron-on patch (from my local Spotlight store) to the bottom. Thank goodness for the dress' full-on print, which reminds me of a 1970s beach sunset for some reason: it was busy enough to make the "unexpected addition" look somewhat intentional & most of all, hides any little bits of hair that always seem to cling like ticklish little hitchhikers after a trim...


As for the accessories, I settled on the same white leather, kitten-heeled sandals with embellished straps I have been wearing for the past few days along with the slouchy, white leather, hobo-style shoulder bag that proved such a hit when I wore it last Sunday. Continuing with the leather theme, I also gave my Swarovski leather & crystal wrap bracelet another outing... 

Voila. Easy, breezy, almost-mid-week outfit sorted.


Now every second on the nose
The humdrum of the city grows
Reachin' out beyond the throes of our time
We must try to shake it down
Do our best to break new ground
Try to turn the world around... one more time

*

4 comments:

  1. Great dress Fran - the print is outstanding and the cut looks fab on you! I would never have noticed the white iron on patch if you hadn't mentioned it - blends right in to that fabulous print! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Belle - as they say, necessity is often the mother of invention! Thank goodness for the haberdashery section😉

      Delete
  2. I too am a big fan of this dress. I particularly like the cut and print, which I think you look fantastic in. When added with the simple bag and shoes, it's allowed to speak for itself and doesn't clash. Goes well with your haircut too (before and after).

    Btw: great taste in music too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shirley! I always like to keep the rest of the accessories simple with such a busy, patterned dress! Appreciate the comments about my haircut too - it can be so difficult to change it up even a little bit when you have really straight, really thin hair :)

      Delete