Thursday 25 January 2018

Choo Choo!







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford brushed cotton
Sneakers: Wittner leather
Bag: Gift, Colette by Colette Hayman vinyl with gold hardware & tassel
Bangles: Tree of Life gold, bronze, silver
Hat: Decjuba straw with grosgrain ribbon

*

Avid readers of this blog probably already know that my grandfather was a train driver who loved his job so much that he apparently "never worked a day in his life" & throughout my childhood my cousins, brother & I were lucky enough to be able to share his passion by riding on some of the old steam trains with him, so it would inevitably follow that all things locomotive would hold a special place in my heart. Therefore, when I heard that the son & grandson of some dear family friends was celebrating his third birthday with a visit to the Grandchester Model Railway, I was REALLY excited... & slightly concerned about the Queensland summer heat, if I'm honest, although that proved to be a complete non-issue thanks to some strategically-placed rotundas & a beautiful breeze. Truth be told, I had never heard that this particular place existed but after visiting once, I'm very much looking forward to returning. 

But I digress.

Here I am, posing in the beautiful bush surroundings under bright blue skies wearing a stunning red, black & blue floral printed brushed cotton dress from Anthea Crawford; it's little cap sleeves perfect for shading my upper arms & shoulders while the fit-to-flare shape was ideal for safeguarding my modesty when riding on the mini trains themselves. The mini railway rules state that closed-in footwear must be worn when riding the mini trains so my favourite white leather lace-up sneakers from Wittner were the order of the day, mixed with a white vinyl crossbody bag with gold hardware & oversized tassel from Colette by Colette Hayman, a thoughtful Christmas present from my cousin. To complete the look, I wore a trio of bronze, gold & silver studded bangles (both thick & thin) from Tree of Life for that bohemian touch & perched a white straw panama-style hat from Decjuba on my head. With sun protection & foot protection sorted, I was good to go...



Scroll down to see how the day celebrations unfolded...




The birthday boy & one of his big sisters ride the rails...





Taking a moment to explore by himself...







Mum & I take a turn...











Across the little bridge & back...








Taking a turn with Dad this time...







Godmother & Goddaughter


A cake fit for a very special three year old... & keeping to the theme of the day!






Tucking into the first cake...



Big sisters getting in one the act...



C-U-P-C-A-K-E-S






Having a final ride...





HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY SILAS JACKSON!
May all your dreams come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment