Saturday 13 January 2018

Silly Love Songs











*

Dress: Review jacquard
Mules: Lunar leather
Bag: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver
Bracelet: Gift, silver & blown glass

*

Some things in life are once-in-a-lifetime, pinch-me moments. 
Seeing Paul McCartney perform was one of those times, as I have loved him since I was a little girl & would listen to "Mull of Kintyre" over & over again on the record player. As expected, he was the consummate showman & quickly created a rapport & sense of intimacy with the audience, recounting little tidbits from his life & career as well as belting out hits from The Beatles, Wings & his solo career. For such an occasion, I donned a new large-scale floral jacquard fit-to-flare dress from Aussie brand Review in a gorgeous shade of cranberry; pewter leather heeled mules from Lunar, found at the amazing Zomp Shoes in James Street, Fortitude Valley & a blush vinyl crossbody bag with silver hardware from Forever New to carry all the essentials. When it came to jewellery, I kept it simple: a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & trio of blown glass beaded bracelets that were Christmas gifts from years past.






You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs
I look around me & I see it isn't so
Some people want to feel the world with silly love songs
What's wrong with that?






No comments:

Post a Comment