Tuesday 16 January 2018

Only The Brave





*

Dress: Jayson Brunsdon Black Label twill with 3D embellishment
Heels: Lunar leather (via Zomp Shoes)
Bag: Alannah Hill leather with pewter clasp
Brooch: St Kilda Kilt Shop silver
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver

*

Avid readers of this blog probably already know that I am fiercely proud of my Scottish ancestry, particularly the fact that I am descended from Highlanders who fought at the Battle of Culloden. Thus, bagpipe music has always been close to my heart & the opportunity to attend Scotland The Brave at Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) was something not to be missed! To say that I was chuffed was an absolute understatement. 


When it came to styling an ensemble, I decided to go with favourites both old & new, starting with this gorgeous black twill fit-to-flare midi length dress with 3D beaded embellishment from Jayson Brunsdon Black Label exclusive to Myer. Now, truth be told, I have had mixed feelings about this particular brand as the sizing is extremely hit & miss but this particular cut suits me to a tee... evidenced by the fact that I also own the same little number in a gorgeous shade of ink navy. When it came to accessories, it just had to be my stunning pair of heeled pewter leather mules from Zomp Shoes in James Street, Fortitude Valley for a little something different to plain silver & for that pop of colour, I added a duck-egg-blue retro style handbag with pewter clasp from Alannah Hill. Jewellery was simple, yet effective: a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop for that touch of shine & a thistle wreath brooch from St Kilda, a little store in my hometown selling all things Celtic.









No comments:

Post a Comment