Sunday 20 January 2019

Cinderella








*

Dress: Kitten D'Amour satin, tulle, lace, embroidery
Anorak: Events organza
Ankle Boots: Hael & Jax embroidered suede
Bag: French Connection suede, vinyl with silver hardware
Bangles: Gift, mixed metal, beads, sparkles

*


Finally posting all the photographs of the beautiful outfit I wore to attend a (not so) recent performance of the Australian Ballet's magical interpretation of Charles Perrault's Cinderella (1697). With all of the craziness of the festive season, some of my favourite ensembles were seemingly lost in the shuffle, but I am endeavoring to make up for lost time in this new year. 

For this particular occasion, I wore an utterly divine ballet-inspired mini dress made from cream satin & tulle with black lace & floral embroidery from "so Frenchy so chic" label Kitten D'Amour (renowned for its retro-spirited designs) with a sheer black lace organza longline anorak from a brand called Events that I actually picked up for under $10 at the Lifeline store in Brisbane City - it was missing a button, which was a seriously easy fix - which just goes to show that you can find awesome items absolutely anywhere, especially if you're willing to rummage. Instead of the expected shiny black patent ankle boots that seem permanently affixed to my feet, I decided on a pair of heavily embellished ankle boots from Hael & Jax that I found at a funky little boutique called Hummingbird in Paddington & carried a boxy suede handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connection. When it came to jewellery, I layered up beaded mixed metal bangles that a dear friend gifted to me after a trip to India, adding that final touch of daytime sparkle. 

Scroll down to see the look without the anorak...








No comments:

Post a Comment