Tuesday 15 January 2019

Going South








*

Dress: Sacha Drake embroidered cotton
Sandals: Wittner leather
Bag: Renee Loves Frances cane
Hinged Bangle: Precious Stones silver
Ring: Eagle Street Markets silver

*

It seems that I just can't stay away from Southbank Parklands in the summertime... & this time, I've brought my parents along for a morning exploring all that the Cultural Precinct has to offer, namely the Queensland Museum's Monkeys! exhibit & the Queensland Art Gallery's APT9 exhibition before heading over for lunch at San Kai Japanese Restaurant & a swim in the lagoon. 

In an effort to "beat the heat" (possibly the most overused expression in Queensland, if not Australia at this time of year) I'm wearing a gorgeous white & blue embroidered broderie cotton midi dress with scoop neckline, ruffled yoke detailing & obi-style tie belt from Aussie designer Sacha Drake mixed with fresh, white accessories in the form of a pair of strappy leather gladiator sandals from Wittner & retro-inspired cane handbag from the amazing Renee Loves Frances boutique at Bulimba. Jewellery was kept simple - the stunning silver "wave" hinged bangle from Precious Stones that my parents generously gifted me for Christmas last year & a funky silver ball ring that I picked up years & years ago from the Eagle Street Markets.

Scroll down to see how it all unfolded...





Mother & Daughter



Stopping for what is arguably the BEST chai latte (not too sweet, not too bitter, nice amount of cinnamon, piping hot) in Brisbane at The Library Cafe...


Heading in to see the Monkeys!

Truth be told, this was my second time through the exhibit & I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first. Some of the taxidermy specimens (on loan from the Edinburgh Museum) are over 200 years old & are incredibly well preserved. I understand that taxidermy is not to everyone's taste & that some people find it ghoulish but I just want to assure you that the bodies of these remarkable animals are being treated with the utmost reverence & respect (small groups at regular intervals) & that the very fact that they can be seen up close & personal by people all over the world who would perhaps otherwise never have the chance to glimpse them in the wild is such an asset to conservation efforts.

I would highly recommend going to check it out before it finishes at the end of January.
































Whale Mall
Still my absolute favourite after 30 years...







APT9





Snippets of my favourite pieces from the Queensland Art Gallery's permanent collection...



Father & Daughter in front of the Pelican Statuary... 
it always reminds me of Mr Proud, Mr Ponder & Mr Percival from Colin Thiele's novel, "Storm Boy"







Living Art, perhaps?



Refreshing "Sakura Bloom" cocktail from San Kai Japanese... 
while I wait for my delicious food to arrive...


Happy Anniversary to the most amazing couple that I know.
Thank you for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment