Thursday 28 February 2019

Juxtaposition









*

Dress: Anthea Crawford neoprene
Heels: Wittner leather with silver buckles
Bag: Pigeonhole leather
Bangles: Dinosaur Designs resin
Rings: Dinosaur Designs resin

*

It would come as no surprise to anyone reading this blog that I love fashion. In fact, I absolutely ADORE the artistry of fashion & pretty much live-eat-breathe it, reading copious fashion blogs from around the world, checking fashion posts on Instagram, devouring the forever dwindling number of monthly fashion magazines & browsing bricks & mortar stores every chance I get. As a stylist, I am quietly confident that I can make anyone - regardless of size, age, budget & occasion - look & feel their absolute best with a few tried-&-true tricks of the trade, however I do realise that in the grand scheme of things, I am relatively "new" to this game. Therefore, it was an utter privilege to be able to attend a two-day masterclass in the basics of fashion design, which will be infinitely helpful in terms of understanding exactly HOW items of clothing are designed & made & how they can be altered to ensure an exact fit on a myriad of body types. 

For the occasion, I donned one of my newest acquisitions from beloved Australian designer Anthea Crawford & the very epitome of juxtaposition - a gorgeous v-neck midi dress with cold shoulder detailing & deep v-neckline made from soft & stretchy black neoprene with baby pink (yes, really!) lining that was revealed on the shoulders when the puff sleeves are folded back. With regards to accessories, I kept things simple & wore a pair of black leather heeled sandals with silver buckles from Wittner & a matching black leather shoulder bag from Pigeonhole... but it was the jewellery that really brought cohesion to the look & made it shine... A dear friend had gifted me some funky, baby pink resin jewellery pieces from celebrated label Dinosaur Designs that were made to look like coral & shells found along the Australian coastline & it just so happened that they were a PERFECT match! It seemed like fate, so I layered up with the pair of bangles & trio of rings to complete the ensemble. As Hannibal from "The A Team" would attest, "I love it when a plan comes together," no matter how unlikely that plan may have seemed...






No comments:

Post a Comment