Friday 31 May 2024

Dido & Aeneas

 












*

Dress: Sheike ramie, embroidered cotton
Heels: Jo Mercer leather
Bracelet: Gift, Wanfu Jade jade beads
Bangle: Gift, Shanghai Markets jade

*

If you're an avid reader of this blog, you'll already know about my penchant for utterly devouring Greco/Roman myths & my love of all things operative & balletomane so you can imagine my delight when I was recently invited to a hybrid performance of "The Enchanted Lovers," taken from Virgil's epic story of the ill-fated romance between Dido, the Queen of Carthage & the shipwrecked Trojan price Aeneas. For the occasion, I donned this sublime floral ramie maxi dress with blouson asymmetrical bodice (floral embroidered cotton strap added by my talented seamstress Desley), pleated waistline & tiered hem from Australian label Sheike, styled up with a pair of stone leather lace-up heels from Jo Mercer for a modicum of height & matching jade jewellery pieces - a beautiful beaded bracelet from Wanfu Jade & a thicker bangle from the Shanghai Markets, both brought back as thoughtful souvenirs when my younger brother visited China a few years ago - to complete the look.

Scroll down to see more...









No comments:

Post a Comment