Tuesday 24 April 2018

Thirty Four







*

Dress: Saint the Label crushed cotton
Mules: Wittner matte leather
Bag: Elk leather with chrome hardware
Necklace: Gift, semi precious stone beads & pearls
Bracelet: Gift, semi precious stone beads & pearls
Cuff: Commercial Road Antiques vintage buffalo horn

*

So excited to be sharing photographs from my recent birthday celebrations with all you dear readers. Unfortunately I had to miss some of the festivities due to ill health (talk about bad timing!) but it was a magical few days regardless. The day before my birthday, I traveled with family to the Queensland Museum to view the "Egyptian Mummies: Exploring Ancient Lives" exhibition - on loan all the way from the British Museum - & was chuffed to "style up" some new clothing, accessories & jewellery (all thoughtful birthday gifts) for the occasion. I wore a funky textured/crushed cotton smock dress with cocoon hemline from Saint the Label in a gorgeous off-white shade & tan matte leather mules from Wittner with matching leather shoulder bag from Elk, found at the stunning Mott & Mulberry store at Indooroopilly. When it came to jewellery, I donned a gorgeous matching necklace & bracelet set from Israel (gifted by dear, dear friends) comprised of multi-strand, semi-precious stone beads & white natural pearls... & on the other arm, a vintage buffalo horn cuff that I found at Commercial Road Antiques & happily purchased with some of my "birthday money." 

Scroll down to see how the afternoon unfolded...




















































*

Instead of a traditional birthday cake, I opted for a box of yummy macaroons in three flavours - vanilla, strawberry & pistachio - from the delectable French-themed Passiontree Velvet & I was not disappointed! They were absolutely amazing... even more so when my mother added the little sugar ladybirds as a finishing touch...




*

After being so ill with extreme vertigo the night before - yup, that would be after viewing the Egyptian Mummies & before a delicious dinner at my favourite creole restaurant (sigh) - I decided to wear the same outfit again on my actual birthday, seeing that I adored it so darn much. Luckily for me, the vertigo subsided enough (if I didn't move my head around too much) to be able to enjoy lunch at Fourth Child with my mother & some dear family friends, including my Goddaughter, Tobin, which was really special.

Keep scrolling for a peek at the morning's festivities...



Shirley Temple, of course!


Homemade Beef Pie with Roast Potatoes & Side Salad







*





























No comments:

Post a Comment