Thursday 16 April 2015

Thirty-One-Derful #3






*

Dress: Little Tienda cotton & embroidery
Sandals: Sportsgirl jelly & glitter
Bangles: Tree of Life Kashmiri

*

After a wonderful day spent at the beach - chronicled in previous post, Thirty-One-Derful #2 - we returned home for a family evening spent opening presents & filling our bellies full of a homemade roast lamb dinner replete with all the trimmings. Desiring a relaxed, yet vibrant look, I once again donned a gorgeous Mexican dress from Little Tienda, covered with a rainbow of intricate floral embroidery, shown in detail below: 



To further the bohemian vibe, brightly coloured, hand-painted Kashmiri wooden bangles were added - a singular, chunky option on one arm & a trio of thinner options on the other - all strikingly different from each other when it comes to the personal artist vision of the artist, yet cohesive in terms of colour palette & painting style.


No handbag required; a pair of clear, glittered jelly sandals were chosen - the adult version of the pair my mother wouldn't let me have on my 5th birthday... not that it was the reason I chose them or anything but, let's face it, who's going to stop me from having them 26 years later except, perhaps, the Fashion Police... Truth be told, my mother was right: they DO make your feet sweat terribly, which would be particularly cruel in summer, but in early Autumn, it wasn't an issue.


*

 As far as birthdays go, I was truly blessed with love & good wishes from those I hold dear & thoroughly spoilt with thoughtful presents in flamboyant wrapping paper...

Scroll down for some final snippets:





















Decorations galore! What can I say, I'm a sucker for a special occasion...








Lamb roast with potatoes au gratin, steamed carrots & broccolini... YUM!


Mum-made red velvet cupcakes with Vienna-cream icing.... YUM YUM!


Keep calm & be crazy; laugh, love & live it up because this is the oldest you've been & the youngest you'll ever be again...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment