Sunday 12 April 2015

...ing...




*

Kaftan: Vintage, barkcloth (from Hawaii)
Wedges: Novo suede & rattan
Bag: Gift, leather
Cuffs x2: Gift, silver (from India)

*

Lazy Sunday spent traipsing around vintage stores in a bright, 1970s floral barkcloth maxi kaftan - a gift from a dear friend - mixed with black suede & rattan heels for height, bright yellow leather handbag for contrast & chunky statement tribal jewellery for effect. 


*

Wait! Before you go...

I was sent this list by a dear friend on Facebook & decided to share it with you, dear readers. Hope you enjoy this little snippet into my off-line life...

Making: 
Lists of chores/things I need to do this week.

Cooking: 
Leftover iThai curry & rice from last night's dinner that I took home in a "doggy bag." 

Drinking:
West Coast Cooler mixed with Kirk's Strawberry Creaming Soda & lots of ice.

Reading:
The new Flavia de Luce novel by Alan Bradley - As Chimney Sweepers Come To Dust - that I had been waiting over a year for!

Wanting:
To see my overseas friends more than I currently do.

Looking:
At the computer screen as I type this. Beyond that, I am looking at my birthday presents that are sitting, wrapped, on the coffee table beyond...

Playing:
An ongoing game of Chinese Checkers with my brother & his girlfriend.

Deciding:
Whether or not I want a second helping of the aforementioned leftovers...

Wishing:
That it wasn't Sunday night & that tomorrow wasn't the start of another working week.

Enjoying:
The cooler Autumn weather that has seen the Queensland heat & humidity drop substantially & caused me to put a blanket on my bed.

Waiting:
For the Real Housewives of Melbourne to start... I know, I know, it's ridiculous but it's addictive. I call it the television equivalent of a car crash that you can't look away from, no matter how fast you drive by.

Wondering:
What crazy shenanigans those cashed up Melbourne social climbers will get up to on tonight's episode!?!

Loving:
Easter holidays spent with my family.

Pondering:
What I'm going to wear for #monochromemonday tomorrow...

Considering:
Whether or not I can pull of a vibrant, oversized, embellished maxi kaftan that I've been eyeing off on Etsy for days.

Watching:
An EXTREMELY spoilt Spoodle puppy attempt to break free from the playpen that we call "Dogatraz."

Hoping:
That the weather on Tuesday (my birthday) is going to be warm & sunny so that our trip to the beach can go ahead as planned.

Marveling:
At how little of our closets we women actually wear! Apparently it's something ridiculously tiny like 20%

Needing:
A refill of my West Coast Cooler/Creaming Soda drink... STAT!

Smelling:
The steak that one of the neighbours is currently cooking on their BBQ.

Wearing:
A printed cotton maxi dress & my pair of fuzzy Snoopy Pavlova slippers.

Following:
Ashley Madekwe, Bambi Northwood-Blythe & Alexa Chung on Instagram. I'm not really one for celebrity but I do love those girls...

Knowing:
That everything happens for a reason.

Thinking:
About turning 31. Where did the time go?!?

Admiring:
The Leprosy Mission for their tireless work with victims of this terrible disease that would be so easily cured if not for the stigma in many communities.

Sorting:
Through my jewellery boxes & drawers to remind myself what I actually have so I can actually wear it!

Buying:
Way too many vintage dress from Etsy. The problem with buying online is that you can't try something on before you buy it, meaning that it's always a bit of gamble. 

Getting:
Excited for brunch at one of my favourite beach-side restaurants on Tuesday.

Disliking:
Cleaning the house.

Opening:
 Birthday cards & presents that arrived in the mail on Friday... I just can't wait any longer!

Giggling:
About the funny little things that my best friend's 6 years old son says & does on a daily basis. He's my little partner in crime & I just adore him!

Bookmarking:
www.bleubirdblog.com - I absolutely adore her style!

Feeling:
Thankful for the love of my family & true friends. Birthdays really seem to have that effect on me; happiness, excitement & melancholia in equal measure.

Snacking:
On delicious Hello Pandas with strawberry centres.

Coveting:
The cold weather & beautiful countryside in Pitlochry, Scotland. I can't wait to return!

Wishing:
That I was currently at Coachella Festival. I love folk music & gypsy fashion with a passion!

Hearing:
The sound of Bob Dylan records being played in the other room...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment