Thursday 23 April 2015

Tupper... Wear #2







*

Dress: Vintage, Mexican woven & embroidery
Slip: TS elastane
Sandals: Soft Soul @ Myer leather & patent
Bag: Adorne vinyl
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Bracelet: Swarovski silver & crystal

*

Hello again, dear readers! 
Sorry for the "internet" silence, as it were, but sometimes life gets in the way of best laid plans, doesn't it? Anyhoo, I'm finally posting pictures from the 2nd Tupperware Party that my mother & I attended a few weeks ago, where I wore this ah-mazing vintage white & purple woven cotton Mexican Wedding dress with sweet cap-sleeves, lace hemline, ribbon detailing & hand-embroidered botanical yoke detail. Photographs really don't do it justice in my opinion, as in person, it just radiates a kind of "magic" that I can't fully explain...


I'm sure that I've waxed lyrical many, many times on this blog about my love & affection for vintage clothing & the stories each garment could tell, should it be able to speak. This dress was no exception: I spent the day wondering about the woman who wore it before me on what we consider to the be the "most amazing day of her life." What was it like? Was she elated? Content? Was she lucky enough to experience the "happily ever after" that most of us crave? These are all things that I will never know, but the fact that the garment is in such exemplary condition after more than 40 years provides me with some kind of answer. Obviously the dress was well cared for, so hopefully this means that the wearer held it in enough regard to keep it that way... Now I just have to make sure that I don't spill anything on it (as I'm pretty clumsy) or snag it on Huckleberry's Spoodle claws when he jumps all over me. Easier said than done, but I'm determined.


The weather was still warm, despite it being early Autumn, so white & silver accessories were chosen to enhance the "ethereal" nature of the ensemble - a pair of white leather wedge sandals with silver patent straps & a rectangular handbag in a shiny, silver vinyl with studded side details for impact. 


To juxtapose the chunky, silver hinged bangle on one arm, I wore a delicate Swarovski bracelet on the other - silver with pink & purple crystals - picking up on the shades of both pink & purple in the weaving & embroidery on the dress & creating an overall cohesive yet eclectic look.


*

For a little something extra, here are a few pictures of what Joanne wore. Clearly she was channeling the same bohemian, hippie, Saturday afternoon vibe... And yes, I realise that we are basically opposites: I am wearing a light colour, she's rocking a dark colour; I am adorned with silver jewellery, she is decked out in gold... It wasn't intentional but I think it's kind of cute, in retrospect...


*

Kaftan: Sha Sha cotton & embroidery
Sandals: Bare Traps @ Simona Ricci leather & embellishment
Bag: Bluebird @ Strandbags vinyl
Wrap Bangle: Sea Wish, Coolangatta
Bracelet: Gift, beaded & diamante (from Chinese Markets)

*



*

No comments:

Post a Comment