Thursday 16 April 2015

Thirty-One-Derful #2


After an amazing Saturday evening dinner to mark my turning another year older, Tuesday morning dawned bright & clear & with my beloved parents in tow, I headed to Coolangatta to celebrate the (actual) day I was born in my favourite place on earth.

Scroll down to see how it all unfolded...


Best moment: when you first feel the warm sand between your toes...



The look-down, Gold Coast style: a vibrant dress + shiny jacket + neutral bracelets + lace up sandals = beach fashion at its best.



Cool & clear salt water...



Beach babe "selfie" with my awesome vintage-style shades. 
Just call me "Gidget" - my name is Frances Elizabeth, after all...



 

*

Dress: Little Tienda cotton & embroidery
Jacket: Suzanne Grae cotton/metallic thread
Sandals: Corelli @ Williams leather
Cross-Body Bag: Oxfam leather
Bracelets: Emmala wooden (from Coolangatta Markets)
Hat: Morgan & Taylor @ Myer straw & lace

*

A bright & beautiful, embroidered Mexican mini-dress from Little Tienda, mixed with a metallic silver anorak-style jacket, black lace-up sandals with a stacked wedge heel & leather cross-body bag was beach chic at its finest, particularly with the addition of neutral wooden beaded bracelets & a woven straw cloche-style hat with black lace band. Talk about relaxed, bohemian vibes...





Walking around the "mountain" walkway connecting Greenmount Beach to Rainbow Bay...



Shoes no longer required...






Rock "maze"



Exploring rock pools



*

Leaving the sun, surf & sand to partake in a delicious brunch at Cecada Restaurant.
Highly recommended: the Big Breakfast, Sausages & Scrambled Eggs (it even comes with baked beans!) & Vegetarian Eggs Benedict with Herbed Mushrooms & a side order of Hash Browns. One word: Yum. Two words: Yum Yum. Dare you to stop yourself from drooling as you check out the pics below:






Washing it all down with a refreshing vanilla milkshake... I know, I know, I can't stop myself when it comes to dairy...


*



My wonderful mother in her beach attire...


Heading past the old Jack Evans' Porpoise Pool towards Froggy's Beach, so called because of the large, frog-shaped, painted rock...





My amazing father, staring out to sea...



...Love this place...



*

No comments:

Post a Comment