Saturday 23 January 2016

Neoprened













*

Dress: Asos neoprene
Platforms: Emerson @ Big W patent
Clutch: Rockmans canvas & beading
Necklace: Adorne silver

*

Finally posting all the pictures of this gorgeous neoprene dress from Asos that I wore out to dinner with friends three weeks ago! Time certainly does fly; it feels like we'll be celebrating the festive season again in no time...


Avid readers of this blog would already know about my love of neoprene - a great way to provide some soft structure - but this dress was quite a departure for me... not only was it a plain colour quite close to my skin tone, it was also a dramatically short fit-to-flare shape with cut-away back detail. 

Regardless of any misgivings, I styled it up with my favourite pair of sky-high black patent Emerson platforms for height (picked up for the princely sum of $8 at my local Big W store) & an Ikat print canvas envelope clutch with heavy, tribal beaded embellishment in the same "blush pink" shade as the dress from my local Rockmans store. To complete the look, I added a chunky silver necklace from Adorne to create interest around the high-neckline.

Misgivings diminishing by the second, I headed out into the rainy night feeling like a million dollars...


*

No comments:

Post a Comment