Saturday 25 August 2018

Fawn










*

Dress: Zimmermann crushed cotton
Mules: Wittner leather
Bag: Elk Accessories leather (via Mott & Mulberry)
Bangle: Gift, vintage carved resin

*

If becoming a stylist has taught me anything, it's to "never say never." As someone with an incredibly light skin tone who would never dream of using fake tan, I never considered wearing colours like pure white, ivory, fawn or beige before (in fact, years ago I pretty much wore black, black & only black... if you can believe it?!) but as soon as I saw this dress hanging with the rest of the "Resort" collection at Zimmermann, I feel instantly in love & just had to try it on... the colour just seemed to "work" for me & the rest, as they say, is history. It's more casual than a lot of the dresses that I usually wear but the stunning crushed cotton fabrication, tie neckline with tassels, voluminous sleeves & handkerchief hemline is just perfect with tan accessories for the upcoming Spring/Summer season. I'm rocking it while out for brunch at my local shopping centre, adding a pair of comfortable yet stylish tan leather mules from Wittner, matching leather shoulder bag from Elk Accessories that I found at the delightful Mott & Mulberry & a chunky, vintage carved resin bangle that was gifted to me by someone special; creating a bohemian, almost tribal aesthetic.


No comments:

Post a Comment