Tuesday 20 January 2015

So Frenchy; So Chic










*

Dress: Few & Far brushed cotton
Heels: Bon Bons patent
Clutch: Diana Ferrari patent
Scarf: Yarra Trail (belt from a dress)
Cat Ears Hat: Revival @ Myer straw
Silver Cuff with White Pearl: Principessa
Silver Cuff with Black Pearl: Thousand Island Dressing

*

In light of recent events, my mind has been full of all things French. As such, I am channeling a quintessentially Gallic goddess like Jane Birkin or Francoise Hardy with this latest ensemble - filled with joie de vivre - that wouldn't be out of place beside a shiny red Vespa on the Left Bank of Paris. 


The sweet brushed cotton Few & Far trapeze-come-baby-doll smock with above-the-knee hemline is coquettish in shape yet sophisticated in colour, a contradiction I have enhanced with the addition of a navy & white spotted chiffon scarf - fashioned from an old belt - that I have tied underneath the oversized collar to create a bow tie. The idea of mixing black & navy blue was championed by none other than ex-Vogue Paris Editor-in-Chief Carine Roitfeld, widely regarded as one of the most fashionable women in the world... & if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me...


As far as accessories were concerned, I decided on a typically French pair of black patent Mary Jane heels to elongate my legs & a matching clutch bag with circular silver buckle to match the spots on the bow tie. Jewellery was kept whimsical & to a minimum - due in part to the dress' large collar & asymmetrical pocket - 2 silver cuffs with pearl ends; one black & one white. 

See below for a closer look at the shape made by combining both sculptural pieces on the one wrist:


*

I don't want to get particularly heavy or make this blog political in nature, but as this is my own personal creative outlet - where I share my take on the world at large - I feel compelled to make the following statement:


May we always continue to stand up for freedom of speech, freedom of thought & freedom of expression no matter the cost. May civility always triumph over barbarism. May creativity thrive in the midst of regression. May difference be freed from the mire of "sameness." May we continue to value humanity over depravity. Let us revere the old but celebrate the new, lest we return to "Saeculum Obscurum" ("The Dark Age"). 

The Pen Is Mightier.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment