Tuesday 13 January 2015

Into The Woods...







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford lace
Wedges: Novo suede & rattan
Bag: Novo patent
Scarf: Vintage, 1960s silk
Necklace: TS elastic
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Bangle: Hourglass Jewellers silver
Ring: Lovisa black plastic bow
Ring: Colette black plastic rose

*

Spent the day at the air-conditioned shopping centre, checking out the last vestiges of the Boxing Day sales, enjoying piping hot donuts washed down with freezing cold strawberry milkshake & paying through the nose for the chance to see the new movie "Into The Woods" on the big screen. 


Sadly, I was not a fan of the latter: I usually love musicals but if I'm truthful, I found it to be long-winded & not particularly original, although the harmonisation of the character's singing voices was accomplished. There was actually a point in the film where I was DISAPPOINTED that the Giant didn't crush all of the main characters, as they ran (& ran & ran & ran & ran... you can probably see where I'm going with this...) around & around the woods, singing their hearts out - that's probably when you know it's not really your thing...


Nonetheless, I was pleased to have the chance to bust out one of the new dresses that I picked up in said Boxing Day sales from Anthea Crawford - a stretchy, black floral lace stunner with mauve underlay. I particularly love the fact that it is high necked at the front yet has a dip at the back, lengthening my neck & showing off my (slightly shorter) blunt bob. 


To anchor the look & render the lace more casual for the daytime, I decided on black suede peeptoe wedges with thin ankle straps & rattan heels & a black patent suitcase-style handbag. To add flair, I tied a gorgeous vintage silk scarf - replete with pictures of tourist attractions from 1960s Italy - in a bow around one of the straps; the "pop" of bright purple & gold really setting off the mauve of the dress.


Jewellery was kept both sculptural & whimsical - a chunky silver hinged bangle on my right wrist & thin silver "twisted" bangle on my left, as well as a black plastic ring in the shape of a rose on one finger & a bow on another. 


In addition to the rings on my fingers & bangles on my wrists, I also donned a bulky black elastic multi-strand necklace from TS that sat perfectly on the high neckline on the dress-front & finished right at the empire-line. Perfect for completing the smart-casual look.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment