Friday 14 June 2019

Glass Slipper Dreaming













*

Dress: Review satin, lace, sequins, velvet
Capelet: Vuios velvet
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Bag: Portmans suede
Bangles: Gift, rose gold
Ring: Gift, rose gold

*

As a child, I absolutely adored fairytales & one of my favourites was always Cinderella. In fact, my mother has this beautiful, illustrated hardcover book that was hers as a child in the 1960s that I always loved to look through over & over again, as the pictures were just so whimsical & magical to behold.  Imagine my delight when some dear friends asked me to accompany them to see a ballet performance of Charles Perrault's 1697 version of the tale, replete with magnanimous fairy-godmother, pumpkin carriage & fated glass slipper... 

The occasion definitely called for something a little bit special & I was happy to oblige in the form of this stunning combination of divine navy sequinned floral lace drop-waisted dress with blush pink satin lining & velvet piping detail from Aussie label Review & sumptuous black velvet cropped capelet from Vuios (purchased many years ago from a tiny, nameless boutique at Sunnybank & kept in a box for just such an occasion) that "picked up on" the dress' little velvet trim to create a cohesive, wintertime ensemble. When it came to accessories, I donned a pair of shiny black patent ankle boots with pointy-toes from Wittner to elongate my frame, carried a suede & vinyl roll-top shoulder bag/clutch from Portmans & finished the look with rose gold jewellery pieces - a pair of dragon-headed bangles & a ring engraved with mosaic-like picture of the sun - gifted to me by a thoughtful friend on the occasion of my 30th birthday. 









No comments:

Post a Comment