Thursday 6 June 2019

Rhythm of the Celts







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford embroidered organza, satin, grosgrain ribbon
Heels: Wittner metallic leather
Bag: Lulu Hun velvet, embroidery with silver hardware
Tote: Homes by ASF (Affordable Style Files) straw
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver
Bangle: The Silver Shop silver

*

It's no secret that I am proud of my Scottish ancestry & feel a deep affinity with my Caledonian forebears, so the opportunity to attend a performance of traditional Celtic songs, stories & dancing was certainly a cause for celebration... & the perfect opportunity to don a stunning new dress that I had been saving for just such an occasion! I'm posing amongst the gorgeous greenery of my very own backyard wearing a blue/purple floral embroidered organza fit-to-flare dress with midi length hemline, navy satin lining, silver accents & navy ribbon tie belt from Anthea Crawford, shiny metallic silver t-bar heels from Wittner to elongate my frame & a navy/purple velvet circular shoulder bag with silver "moon face" & stars from the divine Lulu Hun via retro-inspired That Shop at Carindale for a mystical, bohemian touch. When it came to jewellery, I kept things simple - a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & delicate silver "triangle" bangle from The Silver Shop to compete the look.







In an endeavour to try & help save the environment (& avoid paying for so-called "reusable" plastic bags at the checkout) I've been on the lookout for beautiful, functional tote bags that will work with some of my more "dressed up" ensembles... One beautiful option is this gorgeous woven straw bag with small handles from Homes by ASF (Affordable Style Files) at Rosalie. It's the perfect size; large but not too bulky or overwhelming. Definitely a keeper...









No comments:

Post a Comment