Tuesday 15 May 2018

A Day at the Opera









*

Dress: Sacha Drake jersey, satin, organza
Booties: Wittner laser cut leather
Bag: Pigeonhole leather
Necklace: Gift, faceted beads, pearls
Bracelet: Gift, faceted beads, pearls
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver

*

Standing in the same spot as yesterday's post, wearing yet another gorgeous dress from Sacha Drake, this time on my way to the opera with someone dear. The first time I've actually gone to the opera really, aside from watching all those episodes of "Endeavour," "Inspector Morse" & "Lewis," of course... 

But I digress; it's about the dress. Made from stretchy & comfortable black jersey for the bodice & soft gold satin with glittered floral organza overlay for the midi-length skirt with high/low hemline (with matching bow belt) this dress is yet another triumph from an Aussie label that I have only just come to know & already started to fall in love with. I've "dressed down" it's black-tie qualities with edgy accessories in the form of a pair of black laser cut leather booties from Wittner & soft, matte leather shoulder bag from a funky little store called Pigeonhole in The Wintergarden & added some of my favourite jewellery pieces: my ever-present chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & matching faceted bead & pearl necklace & bracelet that some dear friends had made in Israel & thoughtfully presented to me for my birthday this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment